A new list sought out some of the best burgers on the map and ranked a top 101 from across the United States.
The list, compiled by The Daily Meal, focused on smaller businesses that are loved by the local communities they serve. Each top contender may only have a few locations.
“While amazing burger chains abound, this list is focused on smaller establishments and local favorites that have found success branching out to a few locations,” wrote authors Aaliyah Gibson and Dan Myers.
Ohio burger joints made the list too, including:
- #97 The Galley Boy, Swenson’s (Multiple Ohio Locations)
- #78 Cheeseburger, Salazar (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- #69 The Thurmanator, Thurman Café (Columbus, Ohio)
- #68 House Smoked Bacon Cheddar Burger, Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink (Cleveland, Miami, Florida)
- #66 The Bru Burger, Bru Burger Bar (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana)
The list stretches from Honolulu to South Florida, but it’s not weighed down by a bunch of picks from the country’s foodie capitals. Instead, it offers a broad cross-section of the country and offers up plenty of potential stops on your next cross country road trip.
The Daily Meal “used internal expertise, scoured Yelp and other review sites, looked at coverage by local journalists and gathered suggestions from readers,” to find and rank the burger joints.
- Northridge Schools to stay remote until Nov. 4 after more staff isolate, quarantine
- SUV goes airborne, hits front of house in Dayton
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ – Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say