DYERSVILLE — An iconic Iowa baseball field will be front and center next summer for a regular season Major League Baseball game.
The New York Yankees will take on the Chicago White Sox on the Field of Dreams August 13, 2020, Major League Baseball announced Thursday.
“As a sport that is proud of its history linking generations, Major League Baseball is excited to bring a regular season game to the site of Field of Dreams,” Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating the movie’s enduring message of how baseball brings people together at this special cornfield in Iowa.”
An 8,000-seat ballpark will be constructed at the Dyersville farm where the 1989 movie “Field of Dreams” was shot.
Construction on the park will begin next week, per MLB.
- Montgomery County Prosecutor warns of holiday scams while shopping online
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters
- Ohio hospitals ‘stressed to the extreme,’ Thanksgiving impact still unknown
- COVID-19 vaccination cards will be issued, health officials say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: 8,921 new cases, 82 additional deaths