(KPNX) Police released body camera footage from the June arrest of a mother who said she accidentally left her 5-month-old in a car in a Goodyear, Arizona Target parking lot when she, her sister and other daughter went into the store.
The infant was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
In the body camera footage, 37-year-old Stacey Holly and her sister, who called 911 for medical services after they realized they left the baby in the car, are heard telling officers they forgot the 5-month-old in the car and did not know how it happened.
Officers are heard on camera saying it was about 99 degrees outside.
One officer is heard talking to another officer and says, “I hate to be the [expletive] but I’m charging her. There’s no excuse for that, man.”
Holly is charged with one count of child abuse and one count of endangerment.
Police said in their report Holly stated after the arrest she was distracted and forgot the infant in the vehicle.
Police said the infant appeared to be sweating and was red in the face.
- Preble Shawnee voters to decide on two levies for schools
- Morris Furniture Co., Inc to open new showrooms
- Coronavirus: National and international health procedures
- Dayton Arcade ‘ahead of schedule’ in leasing out business offices
- Police call for backup during incident on Catalpa Drive