WASHINGTON (WDTN) – The House of Representatives has passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes nearly $121 million for Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
The money will help complete the NASIC expansion project, an intelligence facility that will be the largest single-site construction project in the base’s history, our friends at the Dayton Business Journal report.
The remaining authorized funds will allow construction to be completed.
The bill now goes to the Senate for approval, where Senator Rob Portman says he expects the legislation to pass.
Rep. Mike Turner has also advocated for the NASIC project in the past, and voted in support of the bill.
- 2020 Masters tournament to tee off in November with no patrons or guests
- Coroner identifies woman hit, killed by driver in Dayton
- Poll: More than 50 percent of Ohio restaurants could close within 9 months
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- Kentucky Derby races on with updated public safety measures in place