Grandmother believes hoverboard charging cord to blame for overnight fire in Buffalo

U.S. & World

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Overnight in Buffalo, a fire forced two adults and a number of children out of their home.

The fire broke out on Woodside Ave., and the people who were inside are being observed at a hospital as they deal with smoke inhalation.

Nine children live at the home: Eight biological children and one foster child, including a five-day-old baby who came home from the hospital on Monday.

According to officials, the fire started in a second-floor bedroom. Although it was contained to that bedroom, a lot of damage occurred — about $150,000 worth.

No firefighters were hurt, and the people living there are expected to be okay.

While it’s not clear how the fire started, as firefighters investigate, the grandmother says that the fire began due to a hoverboard charging cord.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple news-app-download-google-play

Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS