(WPTV) Florida investigators say a Google Earth search helped uncover the body of a man, who went missing in 1997, from a retention pond in Wellington last month.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said a previous resident was doing a Google Earth search in the area and noticed what appeared to be a car in a pond behind a residence.
That previous resident contacted the current resident of the home and told him what he saw.
The sheriff’s office said the current resident used his personal drone to fly over the pond and spotted the car underwater. He then called authorities.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- FEMA scrambles to secure unnecessarily shared data
- Children Services union to vote Wednesday on raise offer
- Storm Team 2 Forecast 6 PM Monday 16 Sep 2019
- Pelosi says Trump trade agreement won’t protect American workers, could raise drug prices
- Bond set for mother of children who overdosed on fentanyl