(CNN) – A massive gas explosion overnight in Junction City, Kentucky, killed one person and caused a tremendous amount of damage.
Emergency management officials believe the explosion was the result of a rupture of a 30-inch gas transmission pipeline.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office says at least five homes and a garage were on fire after the explosion, but that the gas line fire has been extinguished.
It took firefighters hours to put out flames, after trucks repeatedly had to refill their tanks.
- DeWine scheduled to address Ohioans Wednesday regarding state of pandemic
- West Carrollton couple goes viral after social justice Facebook post
- Local party company featured in Netflix series
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection