(CNN) – A massive gas explosion overnight in Junction City, Kentucky, killed one person and caused a tremendous amount of damage.
Emergency management officials believe the explosion was the result of a rupture of a 30-inch gas transmission pipeline.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office says at least five homes and a garage were on fire after the explosion, but that the gas line fire has been extinguished.
It took firefighters hours to put out flames, after trucks repeatedly had to refill their tanks.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Greene County Sheriff’s Office awarded $80K by Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Children Services union to strike Sunday
- About 75 people gather at Area 51 gate, 2 people detained
- Australia’s Morrison at WH for Trump’s 2nd state visit ahead of Wapakoneta trip
- Foundation at Newport Aquarium looking for Celina boy who donated $5