(NBC) – The FDA has sent a letter warning Dollar Tree about over-the-counter drugs made in foreign countries.
The FDA says the foreign companies that make the drugs have violated U.S. law on good manufacturing practices.
Dollar Tree’s suppliers for its private-label drugs have received violations.
The FDA says Dollar Tree has the ultimate responsibility to ensure that it does not sell potentially unsafe drugs and other FDA-regulated products to Americans.
Dollar Tree’s vice president of investor relations issued a statement, saying “We are committed to our customers safety and have very robust and rigorous testing programs in place to ensure our third-party manufacturers products are safe.”Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Christmas trees for tornado relief: Holiday fundraiser gives back to Trotwood community
- House to vote on bill lowering prescription drug prices
- Lawmakers at odds over how to lower prescription drug prices
- Judiciary Committee begins deliberations on articles of impeachment
- FAA predicted more deadly MAX jet crashes