(CNN) – Ford Motor Company has issued a safety recall in North America because tailgates keep opening unintentionally.
In a statement released Friday, the company said it is recalling select Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty trucks.
But only those made in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Ford says the problem is the electric tailgate latch-release switch in the handle.
Water can enter the electrical wiring system there and cause a short circuit that opens the tailgate.
Trucks with mechanical tailgate releases are unaffected.
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say
- Teen stabbed in Troy, suspect in custody