(WESH) A Florida man is accused of shooting a 7-year-old child in the knee while intoxicated.
The child’s mother told detectives she had been visiting a friend at a Sanford home Saturday with her three other children.
The woman said her children were playing with Nerf guns with her friend’s child. Her friend’s brother, Anthony Knuth, was also in the room with the children.
Detectives said the mother told them she walked out of the room, heard a loud pop and ran back in to see that her child was bleeding from his knee.
When the woman asked what happened, the children said that “Anthony shot him,” a police report said.
To read more on this story, click HERE.
- Rollover crash on I-75 N near Centerville, Miamisburg has traffic at standstill
- Holes Creek bridge reopens in Washington Township
- Trotwood man sentenced to 8 years in prison for 2019 fatal shooting
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Dayton International Airport gets updated TSA technology to help with boarding process