SUWANNEE COUNTY, Fla. (WITI) — A 3-year-old Florida boy was reunited with his mother thanks to man’s best friend and an alert neighbor.
Officials with the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office said they received a 911 call on Tuesday afternoon from a “frantic” mother whose son wandered away while playing outside with his siblings.
The family dog, Buddy, was also missing.
Deputies and K-9 units began searching for them.
Soon, a neighbor called 911 to report he located a child and dog in the woods. Sheriff’s officials said Buddy would not let the neighbor get near the boy.
The child was rescued and reunited with his family. Chances are good that Buddy, an extremely good boy, was richly rewarded with treats once they got home.
- 2 semis crash, I-70 WB closed in Preble County
- The Clark County Fair back after a year off due to the pandemic
- Alabama governor on rise in COVID-19 cases: ‘It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated’
- Newlyweds who required wedding guests to be vaccinated got to ask Biden question at Ohio town hall
- 8 pythons captured and removed from Oregon park