RANDOLPH COUNTY, Ind. (WDTN) – An investigation is underway after a man fired shots at officers while barricaded inside a home in Randolph County, Indiana, on Friday.
The incident began in the 3 o’clock hour, when Randolph County EMA officials warned the public that an “active shooter incident” was underway in the 800 block of West Church Street in Lynn.
Residents were encouraged to avoid the area and stay indoors until further notice.
Indiana State Police later confirmed that a man was firing shots at officers at the scene.
Just before 9 pm, Randolph County EMA lifted the shelter-in-place alert, saying the shooting incident was resolved.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Ohio teacher unions concerned vaccine used as ‘bargaining chip’ to return to in-person learning
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Miami Valley restaurants react to proposed curfew change
- Challenges documenting the Blizzard of 1978
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter