(WBIR/NBC News) Police in Knoxville, Tennessee are asking for information after someone threw a puppy off of a highway overpass, badly injuring the animal.
According to a Knoxville Police Department report, an officer was parked underneath the Alcoa Highway overpass, just east of Tyson Skate Park, working on paperwork at around 3 a.m. Monday morning.
“I heard a deep male voice grunting/cursing and shortly after I heard a loud impact sound with what appeared to be a dog whining a few yards in front of my patrol vehicle,” the officer said in the report. “Upon approach, I observed an injured female dog that had been thrown off the Alcoa Hwy overpass.”
The dog was bleeding from the mouth, had abrasions on its paws and appeared to have a broken back leg.
The officers helped the dog and took her to the animal hospital, the report said.
“Officers quickly transported her to the UT Veterinarian Medical Facility, where the staff determined that she did not appear to have life-threatening injuries,” KPD wrote in a Facebook post.
- Whaley says addressing gun violence is top of list at mayors conference in D.C.
- Driver injured after rollover crash in Trotwood
- Body found behind Springfield hotel identified
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- China shuts down more cities in bid to contain deadly virus