(CNN) – Andrew Yang is getting some serious star power to back him up. Comedian Dave Chappelle announced his endorsement of the presidential candidate Tuesday.
It comes hours before the final debate among democratic hopefuls before the Iowa caucuses.
Yang did not raise enough money to participate in that debate.
Chappelle joins actor and singer Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino, in supporting the New York entrepreneur.
The celebrated comedian will perform two shows to benefit Yang’s campaign later this month in the early primary state of South Carolina.
Ken Jeong, who is best known as Leslie Chow from “The Hangover” movies, is also endorsing Yang.
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- China shuts down more cities in bid to contain deadly virus
- Firefighting plane crashes in Australia, killing 3 Americans
- K-9 bites cow, South Carolina deputy tases K-9, cow kicks deputy
- Suspect arrested after Pizza Hut robbery in Harrison Township