HANOI, Vietnam – Police seized more than 320,000 used condoms that had been prepared for illegal resale at a Vietnamese factory near Ho Chi Minh City after a raid Saturday.
State news broadcaster VTV reports that a woman believed to be the owner of the Binh Duong province factory was arrested.
VTV footage of the bust showed large bags of the pre-owned prophylactics that reportedly weighed a combined 794 pounds.
Workers at the factory allegedly washed the condoms and reshaped them to be sold again. The owner admitted she received a regular supply of the used condoms from an unidentified man, according to Tuoi Tre News, the state-run newspaper.
All of the condoms weren’t yet labeled or packaged.
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
- Skull found on fireplace mantle that of missing Tennessee man
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized by department’s ministry
- Top White House health official says Bismarck’s virus protocols the worst she’s seen