(KNBC) Police in Hawthorne, California have arrested a man suspected of setting a police car on fire in front of the station in an act caught on camera, the department announced Thursday.
Officers realized an unoccupied patrol vehicle parked in front of the police department had been engulfed in flames at about 12:15 a.m. Surveillance footage taken of the incident depicts a man dousing the SUV with an “unknown accelerant” and lighting it on fire.
The suspect, 24-year-old Elmer Maldonado of Hawthorne, was arrested without incident nearby, on the same block as the arson.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2DZwkxp
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Horse sinking in mud rescued at Colorado park
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- CDC updates website, says ‘growing evidence’ coronavirus spreads through the air
- Woman accused of sending ricin letter to White House arrested at New York-Canada border