(CNN) – Salmon farmers in Canada rescued a bald eagle caught in clutches of a large octopus off Vancouver Island last Monday.
The team was headed back to their float house when they heard the eagle’s cries as it struggled with the octopus.
They wanted to help but hesitated at first — wondering if they should just let nature take its course.
Finally, they intervened, using a pole with a hook attached to free the octopus’ grip.
The eagle was able to escape and fly to the shore nearby.
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: Latest number of cases to be released at 2pm
- Cincinnati Reds will not require fans to be vaccinated to attend games
- OVI Task Force to hold sobriety checkpoint in Trotwood
- Biden on Afghanistan: ‘Time to end America’s longest war’