(NBC News) The Insurance Institute for highway safety released its annual list of the safest vehicles on the road; the top safety picks and top safety picks plus.
“Both of those awards require you get good ratings in all six of our crash worthiness tests that we perform,” stated David Harkey, president of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The criteria also include a vehicle’s ability to avoid other vehicles, pedestrians and having good or acceptable headlights.
64 cars and SUVs were named a top safety pick by the institute, and 23 qualify for top safety pick plus.
The list does not include any minivans or pickup truck this year.
To see the complete list, click here.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township