(NBC News) The Insurance Institute for highway safety released its annual list of the safest vehicles on the road; the top safety picks and top safety picks plus.
“Both of those awards require you get good ratings in all six of our crash worthiness tests that we perform,” stated David Harkey, president of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The criteria also include a vehicle’s ability to avoid other vehicles, pedestrians and having good or acceptable headlights.
64 cars and SUVs were named a top safety pick by the institute, and 23 qualify for top safety pick plus.
The list does not include any minivans or pickup truck this year.
To see the complete list, click here.
- Flyers Fans celebrate record-breaking season
- Students celebrate Read Across America Day early at Primrose School of Centerville
- Are you ready for Super Tuesday?
- Disturbance at Mamma DiSalvo’s prompts police response
- Agency: 2nd US case of person who got virus from community