BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say they’ve found the body of a 3-year-old girl who has been missing more than a week, and they’re charging two people with murder.
Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith told a news conference Tuesday night that the remains of Kamille McKinney were located in a trash bin taken to a landfill. He says police had been watching garbage deposits.
Smith says police are obtaining murder warrants against two people previously identified as persons of interest in the case, 39-year-old Patrick Devone Stallworth and his 29-year-old girlfriend, Derick Irisha Brown.
Lawyers for both have said they’re innocent.
The child vanished while outside a birthday party on Oct. 12. Relatives called her “Cupcake.”
Smith says investigators know of no link between the suspects and the girl or her family.
- Preble Shawnee voters to decide on two levies for schools
- Morris Furniture Co., Inc to open new showrooms
- Coronavirus: National and international health procedures
- Dayton Arcade ‘ahead of schedule’ in leasing out business offices
- Police call for backup during incident on Catalpa Drive