CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
- LIVE: Hara Arena to be demolished
- Ohio voter registration deadline less than two weeks away
- LIVE: Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- Woman hospitalized after car goes airborne in Darke County
- House fire forces couple out of home in Washington Township