WASHINGTON D.C. (CNN) – A balloon that has been used for protests against President Donald Trump across the world has been granted a permit to fly during 4th of July festivities in the nation’s capitol.
‘Baby Trump,’ a 20 ft. tall balloon depicting the president as a baby in diapers, will be hanging around Washington Thursday during Trump’s “Salute to America” event.
The National Park Service issued a permit to the group behind the balloon, Code Pink, to display it on the National Mall.
However, there’s only one hiccup ‘Baby Trump’ organizers are dealing with: they don’t have permission to fill the balloon with helium – only cold air is approved.
- Community members, officials plead with Ohioans to stay home, reconsider Thanksgiving gatherings
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge