MOBILE, Ala. (WDTN) — An ambulance was stolen in Alabama Friday morning and a police chase ended in a crash.
WKRG in Mobile, Alabama reports Police said the ambulance was at a loading bay at Mobile Infirmary when the suspect decided to hop in the ambulance and take it for a joy ride.
Early reports said a patient was inside the ambulance at the time but it was later learned no patient were in the emergency vesicle.
It caused a wreck at Springhill Avenue and Ann Street. Three patients were transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police were able to stop the ambulance in a neighborhood.
A shot was accidentally fired by Mobile police during the chase.
Police have a suspect in custody.
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge
- Clifton Mill starts season Nov. 27 with updated coronavirus precautions
- Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus