(CNN) – Amazon says it will start donating some of its unsold products instead of trashing them.
The company says it will start donating the items that did not sell – or were returned.
It will be done through a new program called Fulfillment by Amazon Donations which will operate in the U.S. and Britain.
Until now, third-party sellers could choose whether they wanted unsold items returned to them, or thrown away.
But the new program gives them the option to have the items donated.
Amazon will roll out the program next month.
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Miami Co. Board of Elections no longer under administrative oversight
- Sheriff: Man stirs the pot by lighting joint in court
- GOP doesn’t have votes to block Bolton, McConnell concedes
- Bill aims to pay schools for lost tax revenue following tornadoes