(NBC) – Amazon is ramping up its plans to test its fulfillment center workers for the coronavirus.
People familiar with the company’s plans tell CNBC that Amazon hopes to test the bulk of its workers for COVID-19 every two weeks.
Workers would reportedly test themselves with nasal swabs with a clinical professional supervising.
Amazon’s warehouse workers who test positive for COVID-19 would be reportedly referred to a third-party for telehealth consultations.
Amazon’s plan comes after several reports of coronavirus outbreaks at warehouses across the country.
- Ohio teacher unions concerned vaccine used as ‘bargaining chip’ to return to in-person learning
- Flyers knocked off 22nd ranked Saint Louis 76-71
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Miami Valley restaurants react to proposed curfew change
- Challenges documenting the Blizzard of 1978