(CNN) – Amazon is looking for new ways to grow its grocery delivery service, so they’re offering it free for users in certain areas.
Amazon Prime members used to have to pay an extra monthly subscription fee of $14.99 for its Amazon Fresh.
That’s on top of the $119 dollars annual cost of Prime membership.
On Tuesday the company announced its 2-hour grocery delivery for Prime members would be free in more than 20 major metropolitan areas.
Now, the grocery delivery service is free with your Prime membership.
The delivery minimum for the Amazon Fresh service is $50 in New York City and $35 in a majority of the other service areas.
Amazon’s price reduction could put pressure on its largest rival: Walmart.
It charges an annual 98 dollar fee for grocery delivery.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Snow will make a messy commute Monday
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Three men found dead in Youngstown home
- Holiday heroes in Harrison Township helping tornado victims at annual tree lighting
- Coalition of Ohio motorcycle clubs donates thousands of dollars of toys to foster children in the Miami Valley