(NBC) Chad Dodge, 42, was officially sworn in Tuesday as a deputy constable for Texas’ Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constables Office.
“I’ve had jobs and I’ve been good at work and everything else but I’ve never actually gone after something like this, ever,” Dodge said.
Dodge’s journey to becoming a deputy constable started three years ago. At the time, he was a social media editor and weighed about 470 pounds.
In December 2016, Dodge decided to make life changes, starting with gastric bypass surgery, a healthy diet and workout routine.
- Dayton Police shutdown parts of Demphle Ave., Nassau St. for ongoing investigation
- Miami Valley colleges cancel Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinics, slows down campus vaccine efforts
- E.T. Highway has welcomed Earthlings for 25 years
- Police: Woman breaks into Michigan home, climbs into bed with couple
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd