(NBC) Chad Dodge, 42, was officially sworn in Tuesday as a deputy constable for Texas’ Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constables Office.
“I’ve had jobs and I’ve been good at work and everything else but I’ve never actually gone after something like this, ever,” Dodge said.
Dodge’s journey to becoming a deputy constable started three years ago. At the time, he was a social media editor and weighed about 470 pounds.
In December 2016, Dodge decided to make life changes, starting with gastric bypass surgery, a healthy diet and workout routine.
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- US now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at Capitol
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- Dayton Police Department shares 2020 crime data