(KJRH) A graduation, 74 years in the making was held in Oklahoma Thursday.
95-year-old Lewis Shaw was finally awarded his high school diploma at a special graduation ceremony at Claremore High School.
Corporal Shaw dropped out of high school in 1943 to join the United States Marines and fight in World War II.
Once he returned, Shaw worked for a lumber company and eventually went into business with his son.
Shaw will be the grand marshal in the Claremore Veterans Day Parade on Monday.
- Inmate captured after escaping from Greene Memorial Hospital
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against man charged with killing 2 teens in Dayton garage
- Downtown Dayton prepares for peaceful protest
- PHOTOS: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area