HARTFORD, S.D. (KELO) — A 6-week-old baby died after suffering several dog bite wounds on Thursday evening in South Dakota, the Minnehaha County Sheriff’s Office announced.
The child was flown by helicopter to a hospital but later died, according to authorities.
The dog involved was a Belgian Malinois and was a family pet. The dog has been taken to the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society.
According to the American Kennel Club, the Belgian Malinois breed typically stands 22 to 26 inches tall and is “strong and well-muscled.”
- State to relax visitation rules at nursing homes, assisted living facilities Oct. 12
- DeWine: Ohio colleges to test 3 percent of student population for COVID-19 weekly
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- How a Texas town is using poop to beat COVID-19 outbreaks
- ‘What a treasure the region really is’: There’s a lot to do in Ohio’s Appalachian region