(CNN) – In India, a little boy had to have 526 teeth taken out of his mouth!
The 7-year-old’s jaw had been sore and swollen–so doctors took some X-Rays and CT scans and that’s when they found all the teeth.
They were in a bag-like tissue and it took doctors nearly two hours to take out.
Then another five hours to take all the teeth out.
The teeth were as small as .1 millimeter up to about a half of an inch, but even the smallest piece had a crown, root and enamel.
Doctors are a bit stumped how something like this could happen, but their best guess is either genetic or environmental.
The boy is recovering well.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Greene County Sheriff’s Office awarded $80K by Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Children Services union to strike Sunday
- About 75 people gather at Area 51 gate, 2 people detained
- WATCH LIVE: Australia’s Morrison at WH for Trump’s 2nd state visit ahead of Wapakoneta trip
- Foundation at Newport Aquarium looking for Celina boy who donated $5