(CNN) – No angel wings on runway models this holiday season.
Victoria’s Secret is ending its nearly quarter-century tradition: It will not hold its annual fashion show this year, a cultural phenomenon that began in 1995.
Various media outlets report parent company L Brands made the announcement during the company’s third quarter earnings call Thursday.
The company said the marketing strategy for the brand is evolving.
The move follows months of speculation the show wouldn’t happen this year and years of declining TV ratings.
- Another 35,000 file for unemployment in Ohio, but claims continue to decrease
- Lawmakers to get classified briefing on Russia bounty intel
- US adds 4.8 million jobs as unemployment falls to 11.1%
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by science
- Officers get down and dirty to save deaf and blind dog from sewer