(CNN) – No angel wings on runway models this holiday season.
Victoria’s Secret is ending its nearly quarter-century tradition: It will not hold its annual fashion show this year, a cultural phenomenon that began in 1995.
Various media outlets report parent company L Brands made the announcement during the company’s third quarter earnings call Thursday.
The company said the marketing strategy for the brand is evolving.
The move follows months of speculation the show wouldn’t happen this year and years of declining TV ratings.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Bouncer discusses life four months after Oregon District shooting
- Police investigating after armed robbery at Dayton Family Dollar
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump