PHILADELPHIA (CNN/WDTN) – A cargo ship owned by J.P. Morgan Chase allegedly had 20 tons, or 40,000 pounds, of cocaine on board, according to authorities in Philadelphia.
The banking giants don’t have operational control of the M.S.C. Gayane which is run by Swiss-based Mediterranean Shipping Company.
Law enforcement agents boarded the ship in June and discovered the cocaine, which at that amount is worth close to $1.3 billion.
The bank has yet to comment.
- Dayton Police ask for help locating missing 12-year-old boy
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Christmas trees selling fast in Clayton
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues