FLOWOOD, Miss. (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi say two men attempted to scam the state lottery commission by submitting a losing ticket that had the winning numbers glued onto it.
Odis Latham, 47, and Russell Sparks, 48, were arrested Monday and charged with offenses including uttering counterfeit instrument over $1,000.
The state lottery commission called Flowood police about the fake ticket earlier that morning, Sgt. Adam Nelson said. Officers were told the suspects presented an altered $100,000 ticket that appeared to have the winning numbers glued onto it.
The men, both of Columbus, were set to appear in court Tuesday. It’s unclear if they have lawyers.
- Ohio House bill would allow lawmakers to nullify federal gun control measures
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Arizona woman wakes up to find tires slashed, severed finger on driveway
- Employees safely evacuated after fire at business on Needmore Avenue
- 1 hospitalized after car flips over on US-35 near South Smithville Road