ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish officials say an explosion has occurred at a fireworks factory in northwestern Turkey, killing two people and injuring at least 73 others.
There were an estimated 150 workers at the factory at the time of the explosion on Friday. Firefighters and ambulances were sent to the factory outside the town of Hendek, in Sakarya province; the factory is away from residential areas.
Television video showed a large, mushroom-shaped cloud of smoke rising from the factory.
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- Bethel Schools employee under investigation for alleged misconduct
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
- 1 person taken to hospital after stabbing in Dayton
- Ohio House bill would allow lawmakers to nullify federal gun control measures