DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Republican Senator Rob Portman joined Congressman Mike Turner on a visit to the National Aviation Heritage Area.
Senator Portman spoke at a roundtable event that focused on legislation that provides funding to the area. The area is a part of the National Parks System.
It spans eight counties throughout Western Ohio and includes a variety of cultural sites related to aviation.
Sen. Portman says, “This is really important for the Dayton area and really for the state and country. It tells the story of aviation and aerospace and what a proud history we have in this area from the Wright Brothers all the way up to Neil Armstrong.”
Senator Portman is introducing a bill to add $12 billion in funding for the National Parks System.
- DP&L reports nearly 2000 people without power
- Ohio CARES Act funding to help local businesses
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Arenas, stadiums find new life as safer options for voting
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington