BENTON COUNTY, MS (WATN) – A school bus crash in North Mississippi has left the bus driver dead and several others injured.
The wreck happened early Tuesday morning on Highway 72 in Benton County. According to the Benton County School District, there were students on the bus going to the elementary, middle and high school in Ashland.
The Benton County Schools superintendent says the driver, Chester Cole, died. At least three children were airlifted to Le Bonheur in Memphis.
WATN is still working to get more details of how many injuries and the severity of the injuries.
- Columbus police officer shot, critically injured; second officer injured but stable
- 2nd Street Market to reopen with restrictions for shoppers
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020
- Kitchen fire spreads to attic in Beavercreek home
- Tokyo Olympics just beginning the race to reset themselves