DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A former RTA bus driver has been charged with vehicular manslaughter after hitting and subsequently killing Lynn Willis in March.
Sean Belyeu was operating a bus for the Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) when he struck Willis in a crosswalk. She would later die from her injuries at Miami Valley Hospital.
RTA was deeply saddened by the accident on March 10th where a life was lost. We continue to work with investigators and other parties. Mr. Belyeu’s employment was terminated on March 19th, following RTA policy. Our thoughts continue to be with the families of all involved in this tragic event.Bob Ruzinsky, Deputy CEO of the RTA
WDTN.com will update this story when more information is available.
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Girls inspired as Vice President Kamala Harris takes oath
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Love candy? Company hiring candy testers