DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Dayton Police say a shooting victim is believed to be the suspect in a break-in on S. Philadelphia Street.
Authorities say officers went to E. Third Street and S. Philadelphia Street on reports of a burglary in progress and possible shots fired just after 9 a.m. Friday.
When officers arrived, they found a man in his 30s shot in the chest and lying in the parking lot of a gas station.
The man was taken to a local hospital. Authorities say he’s listed as stable.
Officers then went to a location on S. Philadelphia Street and found forced entry into a building.
Police say there are no other suspects at this time.
Anyone with information about the break-in or shooting is asked to call Dayton Police.
- Pres. Trump signs executive order to start process in aiding Delphi salaried retirees’
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Catch up with the Big Ten with Big Time Sports
- Long lines as Greene County remains on track for record-high early voting turnout
- Second Lady Karen Pence makes campaign stop in Tipp City