DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Mayor of Parkland, Florida, was in Dayton Wednesday to offer her support in the wake of the Oregon District shooting.
Mayor Nan Whaley tweeted her gratitude for Mayor Christine Hunschofsky’s visit, thanking her for “bringing the spirit of her community to Dayton.”
Hunschofsky was recently a guest on the Carry As You Climb podcast, which Mayor Whaley hosts. She says “Since the August 4 tragedy in the Oregon District, Mayor Hunschofsky has called or texted me every day. I am so grateful for her friendship and sage advice.”
She was elected Mayor in 2016, and re-elected in 2018, the same year a gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, killing 17 students and staff members.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- OSU Ryan Day announces Buckeyes new starting QB
- Controversial abortion bill may soon get redo in Congress
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997
- Crash involving ODOT mowing truck shuts down road in Preble County
- 22 hearses carry more than 1,000 flower arrangements to Walmart Memorial site