CINCINNATI (AP) — The FBI says its investigation into the motivations of the gunman who killed nine people last year in the Oregon District is nearing an end.
Chris Hoffman, who recently took over as special agent in charge of the Cincinnati office, says he can’t give a definite timetable but expects it to wrap up soon.
Nearby police fatally shot the attacker barely a half minute after he opened fire early in the morning of Aug. 4 with an assault-type gun.
The FBI said soon afterward it was investigating his interest in “violent ideologies.”
- Springfield school district to stagger return to in-person classes
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Prayer vigil held for COVID-19 patients in Fairborn
- Applications available for Preble County CARES Act funding
- Springfield’s ‘Holiday in the City’ event canceled for 2020