DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – American Airlines is donating $75,000 to the Dayton Oregon District Tragedy Fund to help support the community in the wake of the shooting.
Additionally, they will donate $75,000 to the El Paso Community Foundation in Texas, where lives were also lost during a mass shooting over the weekend.
“We are saddened by the tragic events that took place this weekend in El Paso and Dayton,” said Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. “American has a long history of serving both communities, and we want to do our part to ensure that those who were affected by these senseless acts of violence have access to the resources they need.”
Dayton is home to PSA Airlines, one of America’s three wholly-owned subsidiary carriers.
“All of us at PSA are deeply affected by last night’s events,” said PSA President Dion Flannery. “Over the coming weeks, we will work with community leaders and partners to identify volunteer opportunities for our Dayton-based team members to support those in our hometown.”
The donation to the Dayton Oregon District Tragedy Fund is made on behalf of both American Airlines and PSA.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Snow will make a messy commute Monday
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Three men found dead in Youngstown home
- Holiday heroes in Harrison Township helping tornado victims at annual tree lighting
- Coalition of Ohio motorcycle clubs donates thousands of dollars of toys to foster children in the Miami Valley