COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH)– A powerful statement made by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has inspired local apparel company Homage to create another design.
Proceeds from the sale of the “We are Ohioans. We are Buckeyes. We are strong.” t-shirt and sweatshirt will benefit the American Red Cross.
On their website Homage says about the design:
“Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has led the way in efforts to keep us safe. During a press conference this past weekend, he shared a simple, yet powerful call to action: ‘We are Ohioians. We are Buckeyes. We are strong.’
We now face a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations. Currently, the Red Cross is mobilizing to ensure a sufficient supply to help patients counting on lifesaving blood, and Ohioans are responding, demonstrating the strength and resolve that we share as Buckeyes.
For those who feel healthy and well to give blood or platelets, schedule an appointment here.
A portion of net proceeds from the sales of this tee will benefit the Red Cross.
CLICK HERE to order.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Rent comes due as issues persist with state unemployment system, despite reinforcements
- When will coronavirus cases peak in Ohio? Models say it could be weeks
- Miami Valley Warmline offers mental health support during pandemic
- Local efforts to flatten the coronavirus curve
- Dayton Children’s offers advice for families in quarantine through video series