LANCASTER, Ohio (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence was in Ohio for the groundbreaking ceremony of an automotive supplier’s plant.
The vice president’s office said Monday that Pence will deliver remarks Tuesday in Lancaster at the groundbreaking for Magna Seating, a division of Magna International Inc. The company is expected to initially employ 300 workers in Lancaster, some 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of Columbus.
WATCH VICE PRESIDENT PENCE’S FULL REMARKS IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ABOVE.
Republican President Donald Trump’s campaign announced earlier that Pence will join Trump in an Aug. 1 rally in Cincinnati, the day after the second round of Democratic presidential debates ends. The Thursday evening rally will be at U.S. Bank Arena.
Trump also led a rally there after his November 2016 election victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton.
Magna International is a Canadian global automotive supplier headquartered in Aurora, Ontario.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns