ORIENT, Ohio (WCMH)– A third employee of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has died from COVID-19.
An ODRC spokesperson says 61 year old Bernard Atta of the Correctional Reception Center died as “a result of complications associated with COVID-19.”
The Galena man had worked at CRC for nearly seven and a half years. The warden was notified of his passing Sunday evening.
Atta is the second ODRC nurse to die due to virus complications.
- Alabama governor on rise in COVID-19 cases: ‘It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated’
- Newlyweds who required wedding guests to be vaccinated got to ask Biden question at Ohio town hall
- 8 pythons captured and removed from Oregon park
- ‘Beyond persuasion’: Most unvaccinated Americans likely won’t get shots, poll finds
- Germany’s female gymnasts debut Olympic outfits designed to combat sexualization, promote confidence