WASHINGTON, DC (WDTN) – Senator Rob Portman announced Tuesday that he has enrolled in the phase 3 trial for a COVID-19 vaccine.
According to a press release, the vaccine is being developed by Janssen-Johnson & Johnson and managed by CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services at its research center in Cincinnati.
Portman said he hopes his decision will encourage others to participate in vaccine clinical trials.
“I look at it as a way I can play a small role in supporting our country’s health care response to this pandemic,” said Portman. “The more people Johnson & Johnson has in the trial, the sooner they can have the complete data they need to finalize this phase of the trial, and move on to the FDA approval process.”
For more information on the trial, click here.
- Case managers are ‘unsung heroes’ of COVID-19 hospital care
- Tipp City Schools announce extension of ‘Remote Learning Plan 2.0’ until January
- Could employers and schools make getting the COVID-19 vaccine required?
- Traveling in to, or out of, Ohio discouraged as positivity rate soars above 15 percent
- Downtown Dayton Partnership offers free, socially-distant Christmas light show