CINCINNATI (AP) — Shane Bieber overcame two solo home runs to pitch into the eighth inning, Franmil Reyes hit a tiebreaking, two-run homer and the Cleveland Indians snapped a four-game skid with a 4-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds.
Reyes capped the Indians’ comeback from a 2-0 deficit with his first homer of the season after hitting 37 with San Diego and Cleveland last year. His shot in the eighth inning to deep right-center field against Nate Jones followed a leadoff walk by Carlos Santana.
The Indians played their third consecutive game without manager Terry Francona, who continues to undergo tests in Cleveland for a gastrointestinal condition. There is no timetable for his return.
- Miami Valley educator recommends resources to continue children’s exposure to Black history
- Police investigating male body found on railroad tracks in Trotwood
- ‘bringg kids bacc’: Vandals target California school board members, leave note
- Venomous spiders temporarily shut down Michigan library
- White ice, weaker than clear ice