AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an Ohio man accused of stealing a bulldozer and driving it into the porch of a house after an argument with the home’s resident has been arrested on charges including theft and criminal damaging.
Akron police say Randy Schiffbauer, of Akron, is accused of taking the bulldozer from a nearby construction site and driving to the house and into the enclosed porch. Authorities say a parked vehicle and a chain-link fence also were hit by the bulldozer.
Police said the bulldozer was gone when they arrived on the scene July 5. It was later found abandoned.
Schiffbauer was charged last week. A message seeking comment was left for the 22-year-old Akron man’s attorney.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Springfield Fire raises record $28K in ‘Fill the Boot’ campaign
- Greene County Sheriff’s Office awarded $80K by Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Children Services union to strike Sunday
- About 75 people gather at Area 51 gate, 2 people detained
- Australia’s Morrison at WH for Trump’s 2nd state visit ahead of Wapakoneta trip