(WLWT) An Ohio woman is facing felony charges in Hamilton County after investigators say she stole drugs from the oral surgery center that employed her.
Madeira Police responded to the Oral Maxillofacial & Dental Implant Surgery in late October. The practice manager told police several doses of fentanyl were missing from their inventory.
Investigators said Brittany Roehm, 30, who also goes by Brittany Byland, is behind the thefts.
Court records said Roehm was employed with the practice when she allegedly began emptying vials of fentanyl and refilling the vials with saline.
Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid pain reliever. It is comparable to morphine but considered 50 to 100 times more potent.
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 3 Miami Valley counties top the list of COVID-19 cases by population
- Biden selects running mate, expected to be revealed as early as today, reports say
- Dayton Children’s doctor offers guidance for schools that may encounter COVID-19 cases
- Big 10 postpones fall football season, other conferences could follow
- Gov. DeWine unveils education model for reopening schools