MADISON COUNTY (WCMH) — An Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper was injured after being struck by a van along Interstate 70 and U.S. 42 in Madison County early Thursday morning.
The trooper, identified as Jason R. Hofmann, who was assigned to the West Jefferson Post, was outside the patrol car on the berm in a reflective vest taking pictures of a crash that already had a lane closed when he was hit by a Chevrolet Astro van.
Hofmann was flown to the OSU Wexner Medical Center by Medflight with serious injuries, according to OSP.
The driver of the Chevrolet Astro van, 65-year-old Cynthia Fault, from Plain City, was not injured in the crash.
The incident occurred at about 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The southbound lanes of 42 are closed at this time due to the crash.
- Dayton Police ask for help locating missing 12-year-old boy
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Christmas trees selling fast in Clayton
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues