COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose announced Monday that some polling locations in next week’s primary election will be moved due to concerns about the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
In a video, LaRose said, “I am ordering certain polling locations which are senior citizen living and nursing facilities be relocated for the upcoming March 17 Ohio primary.”
LaRose goes on to suggest voters take advantage of the state’s early voting or absentee voting options.
LaRose held a press conference Tuesday to discuss the details of the polling places moving and other precautions the state is taking to make voting safe.
- Gov. DeWine allows local officials to make decisions on county fairs
- Crowds gather in Columbus to protest police brutality
- Ohio reopening some assisted living, intermediate care facilities to outdoor visitation
- Ohio Tax Commissioner denies delay request for Montgomery County property tax reappraisal
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries