MANSFIELD, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say an officer shot and killed a man who came at him wielding a sword.
Authorities say a woman who called 911 Wednesday said a man was outside her apartment in Mansfield causing a disturbance and had broken her window.
Mansfield police say the man was in an adjacent apartment when an officer arrived. They say he opened the door and came directly at the officer with a sword before the officer fatally shot the man.
Police say the officer is a four-year veteran of the Mansfield department. They did not release the name of the man who died.
The Mansfield News Journal reports that the woman who called 911 said the man was shirtless and was trying to look into her window.
- Dayton International Airport traffic at highest point since start of pandemic
- Scholarship bike ride honors Kettering teen killed by gun violence on what would have been 21st birthday
- AAA says parents should form these 7 habits to prevent hot car deaths
- Ready for launch; National rocketry competition taking off at Air Force museum
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 251 new cases, 11 hospitalizations